BY: PCH TELEHEALTH CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Nancy A. Lohuis, M.D. FAAFP
Board Member WV AFP
Comprehensive Primary Care Guide for Telehealth in West Virginia was created with funding assistance from the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Division of the West Virginia Bureau for Public Health within the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, with support from Cooperative Agreement Number 18-NU58-DP006528 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Nancy A. Lohuis, M.D., FAAFP has no disclosures.
Telehealth policy, rules and regulations, coding and billing and guidelines are changing on a daily basis. There are many telehealth bills pending in Congress and others are likely to change at the state level as well. The information in this guide will be affected by the fluidity of the material it addresses. We can only state that the information provided is what was known to be correct as of June 1, 2021. Those using the guide must confirm current legal and billing information with their own sources and should not use this guide as a sole reference in their business and clinical policy decision making. The views presented in this guide are not necessarily the views of the author’s employer.
I want to thank all who played a role in making this project possible especially the following:
- Gerry Stover, Executive of WV AFP
- Sheryn Carey, WV Bureau of Public Health
- Donna Umberger, Senior Office Manager at Mercer Medical Group, Princeton Community Hospital
- Melissa Kosinar, Nurse IT Analyst Ambulatory at Princeton Community Hospital
- My clinical team at Mercer Medical Group
- Dr. Wallace Horne who gave us the vision for PCH Telemedicine Center of Excellence
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Incorporating Telehealth into Your Practice during COVID and after COVID?
- How to get a Telehealth program started
- Telehealth Coding and Billing
- Integration of Telehealth with other programs
- Addressing the Challenges In West Virginia: Evaluate and make a choice.
- Additional Telehealth Resource links
- Roadmap to the PCH Telehealth Center of Excellence
Disclaimers and Conditions
- Any information provided is not regarded as legal advice. Manual is provided for information and educational purposes.
- Always consult with your organization’s legal counsel and coding/billing experts.
- Contributors do not have relevant financial interest, arrangement or affiliation with any organizations related to commercial products or services presented in this manual.
- Reproduction not allowed without permission.